Automated Kerberos Installation and Configuration – For this post, I have written a shell script which uses Ambari APIs to configure Kerberos on HDP Single or Multinode clusters. You just need to clone our github repository and modify property file according to your cluster environment, execute setup script and phew!! Within 5-10 minutes you should have your cluster completely secured by Kerberos! Cool isn’t it?
Detailed Steps(Demo on HDP Sandbox 2.4):
1. Clone our github repository on your local machine or one of the node in your Hadoop Cluster.
3. Copy setup_kerberos.sh and ambari.props to the host where you want to setup KDC Server
4. Edit and modify ambari.props file according to your cluster environment
Sample output for my Sandbox
[root@sandbox ambari]# cat ambari.props
##### Notes #####
#1. KERBEROS_CLIENTS - Comma separated list of Kerberos clients in case of multinode cluster
#2. Admin princial is admin/admin and password is hadoop
5. Start installation by simply executing setup_kerberos.sh
1. Please run setup_kerberos.sh from KDC_HOST only, you don’t need to setup or configure KDC, this script will do everything for you.
2. If you are running script on Sandbox then please turn OFF maintenance mode for HDFS and turn ON maintenance mode for Zepplin Notebook before executing the script.
1. Before Script Execution
2. Script execution is in progress
3. Script finished
4. Ambari UI shows Kerberos is enabled.
Please comment if you have any feedback/questions/suggestions. Happy Hadooping!!